October is here! I’m a tad too excited as usual. Nothing makes me happier than the arrival of fall. I have always loved the month of October and so has my husband. That’s why we chose to get married on October 15. With my wedding anniversary just two weeks away and that autumn smell in the air, I’m excited to break out my fall wardrobe- complete with oranges, browns, olive greens and pink. Yup, I said pink.
Admittedly, pink is not my favorite color, but October is breast cancer awareness month, which means lots of great pink items for an important cause. So, for all you brides searching the cosmetic aisles for great products or looking for the perfect favor- this month might be the best time to find said product- especially if you are the spring wedding type who adores pastel hues.
I scoured the Internet and with some help from my Google and Family Circle Magazine I picked 12 new breast cancer awareness products that any bride would love.
Every bride wants to look her best on the big day. Here are three charitably minded beauty products to help any lady shine.
· Smashbox “Be Legendary” lipstick in “Inspiration,” for $19. Five dollars from every purchase will support the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). You can also find this fabulous lip color at Sephora stores or go online at www.sephora.com.
· Jane Iredale Cherish Lip Fixation, for $34. This fantastic lipstick is not only a gorgeous color, but 100% of profits to Living Beyond Breast Cancer. Visit shop.janeiredale.com for more details.
· Sonia Kashuk Brush Set is available from $15-$30 at participating retailers including Amazon and Target, with 15% of sales benefits BCRF. Target also has a whole host of other breast cancer awareness products.
|Sonia Kashuk Brush Set. Picture taken from Internet.|
Polished and Pink
Looking for a pop of color for the big day? Perhaps a girly hue for your toes? Here are two great, charitable options:
· ORLY “Pretty in Pink” nail polish collection, $10 each. Twenty percent of the profits benefit Fran Drescher’s “Cancer Schmancer,” which supports breast cancer prevention, education and early detection. Visit www.orlybeauty.com for more information.
· Dermelect Cosmeceuticals “Provocative” nail polish, $14 each. During the month of October, 30% of net sales of “Provocative” go to CEW Cancers & Careers. Visit dermelect.com for more information.
Going non-traditional on the big day with your jewelry? Perhaps even with your wedding band? Check out these gems.
· Whiting &Davis mesh ring finished in pink gold, $95. Twenty-five percent of the proceeds will go to The Ellie Fund, a local organization working with breast cancer patients and families during treatment Click here for more details.
· LOFT with Giuliana Rancic “Live in Pink” necklace, $69.50. Twenty-five percent of the proceeds will benefit BCRF. Available in LOFT stores or online at www.loft.com.
People love sweet treats as favors at the wedding and other wedding festivities. I know cupcakes were a huge hit at my bridesmaids’ luncheon. Here are some treats that you can feel good about eating.
· Georgetown Cupcakes “Pink Ribbon Cupcakes” in chocolate or vanilla, $2.75 each (or $29 per dozen). The full purchase price will go to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. A whopping 100% of the purchase price will go to Komen for the Cure with a commitment of at least $50,000 from the company. Visit georgetowncupcake.com.
· Edward Marc Pink Salted Caramel Apples – What could be better for fall? 100% of online sales to Komen for the Cure. Purchase at edwardmarc.com.
|Photo from EdwardMarc.com. How cute would this be as a bridesmaid luncheon favor?|
Or even a wedding favor at a small wedding?
· Smartphone Wristlet/Wallet by Deux Lux for Everything But Water for $44. 25% of proceeds goes to Living Beyond Breast Cancer.
|Deux Lux Wristlet. Photo found online.|
Bonus: You can bid on Patricia Nash's “Maria Menounos” signed handbag, beginning on October 15. aThe purse will come jam-packed with essential items for your big day! Auctioned off with the following essentials: M.A.C blotting papers, Smashbox lipgloss in Candid, Altoid mints and a small notebook and pen, the estimated value is $238. You can bid for this beauty at www.patricianashdesigns.com/ubid. All of the auction proceeds will benefit BCRF.